BECOME A DORI SAVES LIVES SOCIAL MEDIA TEEN ROAD SAFETY INFLUENCER
LISTEN UP TEENS! SAFE DRIVING SAVES LIVES PROGRAM!
Make an impact by being a proactive influence for teen traffic safety.
DSL is looking for teen social media influencers to become the face of traffic safety. These teens will utilize their social media presence to spread safety messages to their audience and DSL’ social audience.
What is in it for you? Selected Teen Influencers will receive community service project hours, an official proclamation, and recognition that looks great on your resume. This is also great experience in the field of social media marketing and communications if that is something you are interested in pursuing. You will be the face of traffic safety for teens and help increase safe driving habits.
Contact us if you are interested! Please provide social media channels and handles in the form below. Your page(s) should be public, so we are able to see the tags and share.
What we are looking for:
A good channel following and recent post history.
Multiple channels work best. Any combination of two or more: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, or TikTok.
A social warrior who is not afraid to speak up for traffic safety.
Channel must be public while you are a teen influencer.
Channel must be age-appropriate, without inappropriate content or content that would be deemed controversial.
You must be willing to complete the following tasks (we will provide a schedule, instructions, and support):
1. Work with DSL staff to post text/image or record videos (using your own smartphone) using a provided or approved script.
2. Post the approved text/image or video to your personal social media channel(s).
3. Posts must be timely and correctly tagged.
4. Post at your own teen driving safety messaging to your personal social media channel(s). DSL will provide road safety topics; you provide the teen voice.
5. Share at least three (3) @dorisaveslives safety-related posts to your personal social media channel(s) every day.
6. Tag DSL and sponsors in all above posts and shares with an understanding that it will be shared publicly.
7. Help with any other social opportunities (i.e., Join The Movement, Spread The Word) on your channel or ours at your school or at events.
Share Dori Saves Lives Impaired Driving Video Entitled: This Could Be You https://youtu.be/hlQn--GSqPc
Share the distracted driving PSA's that we have on our website at the following links (there is a total of 65 safe distracted driving psa's - try and share 3 per day)
Link #1 https://dorisaveslives.org/contest/2021-video-spread-the-word-psa-contest-entries.html
Link #2 https://dorisaveslives.org/contest/2020-video-psa-contest-entries.html?page=1
Share different pages from our website under the teen impact tab, resources tab, and ways to give tab.
Step 1: Download the Social Media Sharing Kit at https://dorisaveslives.org/teen-impact/social-sharing-kit-for-teens/
Step 2: Sign up for the Dori Saves Lives Student Resource Portal at: https://dorisaveslives.org/students/portal-login.html
Step 3: Follow and Like Dori Saves Lives on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/dorisaveslives
Step 4: Join, Like, and Follow Dori Saves Lives Facebook Group Teen Drivers & Soon To Be Drivers https://www.facebook.com/groups/862877137914632
Step 5: Follow & Like us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/dorisaveslives/
Step 6: Follow & Like us on Twitter https://twitter.com/home
Tips for Using Social Media
While you may be a social media pro, having a well thought out plan will ensure that you get the most out of what you post! Just like a press release, your social media plan should answer who, what, when, where, why, and how. It should be:
• Goal-oriented: What do I want to accomplish and why?
• Strategic: What will I do to achieve my goal?
• Targeted: Who do I want to reach and how?
• Time-sensitive: When will I do this?
• Tactical: What will I say and where will I say it?
Your plan should also take into account potential obstacles and how you’ll address them.